Sunday, March 11, 2012

Getting to Know Thomas

Ever since I read James Martin's books, I was interested in reading something by Thomas Merton. I decided to start with The Seven Storey Mountain, his autobiography. In this book, Merton writes about his life from childhood to around the time he became a monk. After reading this book, I read No Man is an Island, which is a collection of essays on different topics. Both books were very good. They were not always easy to read, so I did not read these as fast as I thought I would, but it was definitely worth it. Merton is an example of how much God can do in and with a willing person. The more I read, the more I couldn't help being amazed at the beautiful person God turned Merton into.

I would definitely recommend these two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment