Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Night Circus, by E. Morgenstern

A quick summary:  Two illusionists, Celia and Marco, have been made to participate in a competition against each other.  They did not choose to be in this competition, but were entered in it by Celia's father and Marco's guardian.  These two begin training Celia and Marco since they are children, and only tell them they need to get ready for this competition, without telling them what exactly the competition entails or who they are competing against.  Eventually, Celia and Marco, who fall in love, find out they are competing against each other. The main events take place in a circus created precisely with the goal of being the setting for Celia and Marco's challenge. 

This was a very fun read - once I started reading I really did not want to stop.  There are many likeable characters.  I enjoyed reading about the circus and the different acts and illusions.  It sounded like an amazing place to visit!  Overall, I enjoyed this book very much!

For the first time in a while, I don't know what I'll be reading next.  Time to go through my TBR list and see what I can find.  It's always so exciting to pick out a new book...

No comments:

Post a Comment