Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heaven is for Real - by T. Burpo

Several people recommended this book, so I thought I'd give it a try.

A quick summary: Colton is a little boy who had to have some emergency surgery.  While he was in surgery, he went to heaven for a little while.  The book is narrated by Colton's father.

I really enjoyed this book.  Hearing about heaven from a little boy's perspective was really awesome.  Here are a few things I liked and/or found interesting:

- His description of Jesus, with the "pretty eyes."  One of the things I would have liked about meeting Jesus in person was to have seen His eyes and expressions.  I've always  believed if you ever got the chance to look into His eyes, there would be no turning back.  So somehow I can see how this would be something Colton noticed and remembered. 
- At one point in the book, Colton said Jesus was the first thing you saw when you got to heaven, which I think is pretty awesome.
- There were a couple of people he met when he was in heaven, some family members who had died before he had been born.  It was pretty cool to read about how they recognized each other and how he knew so much about these people without having previously met them.
- Colton described the throne of God and some of the other people who were there.  I thought that was pretty cool.

There's certainly more, but it's hard to pick only a few.  I would recommend this book.  I enjoyed it a lot more that I thought I would, and I'm very glad I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment